Sunday 1 July 2012

Liebster Award!


Victoria over at The Little Fogey has uber kindly has nominated me for The Liebster Award. Thank you muchly :D

The word Liebster is German and means lots of nice things like- sweetest, beloved and cute. The award is nominated from upcoming bloggers to other upcoming bloggers, that is blogs with under 200 followers and I think it's a great way for new bloggers to feel part of the blogging community and find new blogs to read :) I know I'm always super excited and chuffed whenever I am tagged on an award, makes me feel like people read and enjoy my blog!

These are the rules for the award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and tag them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!


11 Things About Me!:

1. I have just graduated from Northampton Uni with a 2:1 in English Literature and Education Studies.
2. I am just about to move back home to the parent's in Hertfordshire.
3. When I was about 2 I had an operation because I had a stomach hernia from crying too much!
4. I want to live in London for some part of my life.
5. I want to live in Vancouver for some part of my life too!
6. I used to be able to play the piano.
7. I hardly ever sing in front of people (unless drunk) but will sing like a crazy person when alone in my car!
8. I used to say I hated The Big Bang but after watching a few episodes I realised I actually really liked it! Hypocrite much :P
9. I love pretty much all seafood, apart from Tuna. It's grey weirdness when in a tin is just gross!
10. I need some sort of fruit juice to start the day, I can't just have water or squash.
11. When I was born my dad wanted to call me Charmaine. Haha really oh dear! Thank god my mum stepped in!


Victoria's Questions:


1. Who is your favourite comedian (character or stand up)?
Is saying my boyf too cheesy?! My boyfriend Jon does stand up and really is very funny ;) He's been doing it for about 4 years now and is going to do a third year at Edinburgh Fringe Festival this August. Follow his twitter here.
But TV famous comedian would be Bill Bailey, I just love his songs :)


2. How many shoes do you own?
I attempted to count my shoes the other day but it was a bit hard as half of them were at my parent's house and the other half at my uni flat, but I would estimate around 50-55?! Oh dear!

3. What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading "The Year of the Flood" by Margret Atwood, it's the second of the MaddAddam trilogy and really good. I recommend!


4. What was the last album you brought?
Technically I don't buy albums I just sort of download them haha! But I think the last one I down loaded was either Florence and the Machine or The Skints.


5. Where is your favourite place in the world?
I love my parents house and being in the countryside but London is always fun to be. But another country would have to Asia, in particular Thailand, Cambodia or Vietnam.


6. Why do you blog?
I blog because I'm nosy and love to read about other people's lives and I thought some people might be interested in mine haha! I quite like to document my style and see how it develops, oh and I'm trying to improve and develop my writing style/skills.


7. What is your ambition in life?
My ambitions would be to have a happy and healthy life, but professionally I'd like to have a happy and healthy career too! Not completely sure what in yet, but something to do with clothes/fashion/writing maybe :)


8. Who is your guilty crush?
Ooo errr not really sure! I usually end up having crushes on characters in books which is totally ridiculous!


9. What do you like to do to relax and let your hair down?
Nothing to out of the ordinary just seeing friends and chilling on the sofa, reading a good book- the usual! A good night out is always fun too.


10. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Prometheus in 2D (rebel!) I really enjoyed it, even though I did have to hide at the scarier bits!


11. What is your favourite cosmetic brand?
I've always loved Bourjois, but I've recently got into Urban Decay and Lush.


My Questions:

1. If you were going to be the opposite sex what would you have been named?
2. What makeup product couldn't you live without?
3. Where is your favourite place in your home country (that isn't your home)?
4. First ever concert?
5. Dog or cat person?
6. Favourite cake?
7. Curent favourite piece of clothing?
8. Do you play any sports?
9. Harry Potter- good or bad?
10. Beach or pool?
11. Best place to go on a night out in your home town?


My Nominations:
Average Angeline
Everything That Girls Love
Every Cloud
Charlotte Fashion Blog
The Wallflower
The Pulse Of Fashion
Slices Of Style
Silverlining
Shades Of Pepper
Rebecca Rose xo
Nikiniknak


Hope you enjoyed and make sure to check out my nominations for some great blogs that deserve lots of followers! :)

love&'ugs
bakes x

2 comments:

Thank you for all your lovely comments x