Wednesday 25 April 2012

And the worst blogger ever award goes to.....

Me! haha, oh dear. Sorry guys, has it been a week already?

Over the past weekend I attended my dear friend Tom's photography exhibition at the Frameless Gallery in London (which I have spoken about here and the fund-raising his family and friends have done for it). The exhibition mainly focused on his experiences travelling around the world (from France to Tibet) and political and world issues (such as the student riots in London and the Egypt riots). Tom was an amazing photographer, friend and person and I miss him so much. But the exhibition was wonderful representation of his work, skill and compassion.



I wore my new River Island Dress.


The quote behind is taken from Tom's diary and says-
"When I look at the world around me, I am concerned. One has to imagine oneself as detached from the planet and looking down at everything that is going on. Humans do terrible things to each other everyday. Wars tear countries apart and make arms dealers rich. Misguided kids knife each other for things like mobile phones."

(There is a little bit more but I forgot to take a photo of it to transcribe it all, I'll try and find out the rest.)

Tom's good friend and flatmate from London took photos of the event which I have featured in this post. You can find his website here.


While I was at home for the rest of the weekend I rediscovered my great-grandmother's book. It's an autobiography, which is simply but beautifully written I think (family pride much?!). Its interesting to learn about the time she was alive (the end of Queen Victoria's rein to the late 1980's) and I think it's lovely to be able to learn about my great-granny even though I never got the chance to meet her.
Anyone else have any interesting family heirlooms?


This week I have also been reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Which I am really enjoying, but it's giving me cravings for a massive amount of American South food, like biscuits and gravy, caramel cake and divinity fudge!

Sorry for this miss-mash of a post I'll try and do a more structured one later this week :)

love&'ugs
bakes x

P.S. I handed in my dissertation in on Tuesday. Yay I don't have to think about F. Scott Fitzgerald and the American Dream anymore!!! :D

2 comments:

Thank you for all your lovely comments x