Monday 12 March 2012

Weekend Seaside Funsies

As I said me and the boyf travelled down to his hometown of Hastings for the weekend to have some fun by the sea :D
It actually turned out to be perfect weather and it didn't rain like our iPhones predicted! Yet again I was a bit rubbish on the photo taking front, I was either having too much fun or a little hungover hehe!

Here we are on the fun train ride down:

Lovely sunny beach :D I love how people just head down to the beach for the day to hangout.

Hastings Pier, in October 2010 it was set alight by vandals and 95% of its structure was destroyed, which is really sad :( Regeneration programmes are being discussed and hopefully it can be saved. I do love a good pier!

Me and the boyf having our traditional Hastings Swirly Ice-Cream- so yummy!


As you can see I am terribly un-photogenic when the sun is shining in my eye and I'm holding an ice-cream! (I had to wear my bobble hat as my hair wouldn't behave and was sticking up all over the place). While in Hastings the boyf had a standup comedy gig which are always funny, we saw lots of his friends and got a little bit drunk ;) We wandered around the old town looking at lovely vintage things and cute and kitsch bits and bobs. We ate SO much food too! We had chinese takeaway, a delicious Saturday night roast made the boy's old flatmate and had lunch at Pizza Express with his Mum and Sister. Oh, and those ice creams ;)

While there I did manage to buy some much needed face powder, I decided on the new Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in 52 Vanille. I was pretty loyal to my old powder (Bourjois Mineral Radiance Pressed Powder) but I was lured in by the exotic fruit therapy! Yuzu fruit providing anti shine and Sharon fruit providing hydration. I have been really happy with it so far, it's really lightweight so is super easy to apply and it smells like yummy fruit which was a unexpected and nice surprise! It's slim compact bright pink casing (so I won't lose it in the depths of my handbag!) and has a large mirror on the inside too. The only qualm I have is that it doesn't come with a puff applicator like most other Bourjois compacts do, but I just brought a pack of three from Boots for less than £2, so it's not really that bad!
I also bit the bullet and brought the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner, I thought it would be best to get the cheaper one to see how I got on with a gel liner. I had a little go this morning and it seemed to go ok, no crazy lines all over my face :P

Hope you have enjoyed reading about my weekend away, how were your weekends? Full of fun too I hope!

love&'ugs
bakes x

4 comments:

  1. This powder sounds great... Glad you had a fab weekend, and your top in the instagram photos is beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I am definitely loving my new powder, I realise now how old & gross my other one was in comparison! x

      Delete
  2. I love Hastings, I used to go there all the time when I was younger, my dad was a manager with the local football team and they would often play Hastings so I'd tag along for the trip to the seaside!

    I also have the Bourjois powder but it's too dark for me :( Hoping I can make it work when I have a tan as it smells lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah wow! My boyfriend has told me about when he used to go watch Hastings play. I always have loads of fun when I'm there, I think I just love the seaside too much :)

      Hope you can use it soon, every time I use it I'm still amazed by the smell haha! xx

      Delete

Thank you for all your lovely comments x